Become Part of the Market 8 Team
Front End Web Developer
Master Craftsman / Designoper
Market 8 is looking for a well rounded Front End Developer / Web Designer that approaches website development literally as a Master Craftsman - a blend between skillful developer and web designer. Attention to detail, and eye for design, and creation of efficient code are very key to keep websites in great shape, and in harmony with the CMS systems we use (mostly HubSpot & Wordpress).
Responsibilities will include working with creative and technical teams to bring to life innovative sites and web applications. Great communication, attention to detail, and desire to grow and learn new disciplines are key to the role.
Personal Traits and Qualifications we are looking for:
||Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic/Information design, Multimedia, or equivalent.
|Know your stuff:
- The ability to hand code standards compliant semanticXHTML websites from PSD's
- Good knowledge of Dreamweaver
- Expert user of: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks
- Expert knowledge of WordPress CMS, HubSpot is a plus.
- Knowledge of cross browser compatibility.
|Strong experience designing UX
|| for mobile friendly responsive websites.
Obsessive about interaction design and attention to detail -
You have a kind of attitude that makes people rely on you.
- You to do things right, check your own work and aren’t satisfied until the work is worth presenting. If something is not working, you communicate it to your team and are obsessive about fixing it.
- Knowledge and interest in interaction design, typography, and layout.
Obsessive about conversion centered design -
You are knowledgeable about research that shows how interface design influences user behavior, and are able to integrate these considerations in your design.
Strong ability to work all by yourself, from anywhere you want as long as you have an internet connection and can have open communication with your team and meet your deliverable deadlines.
we work in virtual teams - although our home base is Miami, FL, and Lebanon, we have team members all around the world. Yet we work closely together everyday. We are connected on Google Hangouts, all day long, can hop into a video Webex meeting, and discuss things continually.
Experience - Minimum 2-3 years designing and developing websites.
The following is preferred but not necessary:
- Knowledge of HubSpot CMS
- Mastery of usability principles and usability research methodologies
- Experience with GitHub and version control collaboration
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
What any given day looks like:
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager and UX Designer to execute client and internal Market 8 projects.
- Translate designs into clean, efficient code in the HubSpot CMS or WordPress.
- Be responsible for the integrity of the websites developed, both visually, development schema, and SEO-wise.
- Communicate continually with the design team to understand requirements of a project and to make sure that the work done meets such requirements.
- Craft and fine tune the UX of websites that you develop; make decisions on the fly to make the UX better.
- Check your work and make it work across platforms and devices using cross compatibility tools.
Of course you'll need this
- Connection to internet (duh!)
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience with building gracefully-degrading HTML sites
- 1+ years of experience as a front-end developer
- Experience working with Hubspot CMS is a plus
What's in it for you
- This is a full time position
- Competitive salary
- Amazing work environment
- Work virtually from anywhere on the planet - preferred locations: Lebanon, Mexico, United States, anywhere in Europe.
Contract Employment Disclaimer:
When applying to this job, you confirm that you are in lawful residence status whether you are in the United States or elsewhere on the planet. Market 8 does not employ illegal aliens. Market 8 reserves the right to terminate your employment agreement should your residence status be found to be illegal in your country of residence.