Junior Web Developer ( Front-end / Back-end)
Market 8 is looking for a talented Junior Web Developer that approaches website development from a solutions's perspective: considering the end user experience as well as from the back-end usability and flexibility. Attention to detail, and eye for design, and creation of efficient code are very key to keep websites in great shape, and in harmony with the CMS systems we use (mostly HubSpot & Wordpress).
Responsibilities will include working with creative and technical teams to bring to life innovative sites and web applications. Great communication, attention to detail, and desire to grow and learn new disciplines are key to the role.
Personal Traits and Qualifications we are looking for:
- Experience: Minimum 1 year designing and developing websites.
- Preparation: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Multimedia, or equivalent.
- Know your stuff:
- The ability to hand code standards compliant semantic XHTML websites from PSD's
- Comfortable of using: Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fireworks
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS, HubSpot is a plus.
- Experience with PHP & MySQL
- Understanding of Mobile First Responsive design concepts.
- Understanding of page speed optimization best practices
- Understanding of Websites Cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge about on-page SEO
- Obsessive about interaction design and attention to detail - You have a kind of attitude that makes people rely on you.
- You do things right, check your own work and aren’t satisfied until the work is worth presenting. If something is not working, you communicate it to your team and are obsessive about fixing it.
- Knowledge and interest in interaction design, typography, and layout.
- Independent - strong ability to work all by yourself, from anywhere you want as long as you have an internet connection and can have open communication with your team and meet your deliverable deadlines.
- Visibility - we work in virtual teams - although our home base is Miami, FL, and Lebanon, we have team members all around the world. Yet we work closely together everyday. We are connected on Zoom meeting app, all day long, can hop into a video meeting, and discuss things continually.
The following is preferred but not necessary:
- Knowledge of HubSpot CMS
- Mastery of usability principles and usability research methodologies
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
What any given day looks like:
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager and Senior Developer to execute client and internal Code 8 projects.
- Translate designs into clean, efficient code in the HubSpot CMS or WordPress.
- Be responsible for the integrity of the websites developed, both visually, development schema, and SEO-wise.
- Communicate continually with the Senior team to understand requirements of a project and to make sure that the work done meets such requirements.
- Craft and fine tune the UX of websites that you develop; make decisions on the fly to make the UX better.
- Check your work and make it work across platforms and devices using cross compatibility tools.
Of course you’ll need this:
- Connection to internet (duh!)
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience with building gracefully-degrading HTML sites
- 1+ years of experience as a Front-end and/or Back-end developer
- Experience working with Hubspot CMS is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- This is a full time position
- Competitive salary
- Amazing work environment
- Work virtually from anywhere on the planet - preferred locations: Lebanon, Mexico, United States, anywhere in Europe.